My name is Donny Whitehead, a life long resident of Greenwood. My great passion in life is preserving the history of Greenwood. I want to make sure future residents have a place where they can learn about Greenwood and it's history. After all, THIS is OUR history.
- North Greenwood was once it's own town, before becoming part of Greenwood.
- Greenwood was once rocked by a scandalous murder. Dean-Kennedy Murder Trial
- Little Richard sang a song titled "Greenwood, Mississippi".
- Jerry Lee Lewis once played a show here in Greenwood.
- Helen Keller spoke in Greenwood, March 29,1916, on happiness.
- Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman graduated from high school in Greenwood in 1955.
- January 19-February 7, 1924, wood blocks were removed from Main Street, between Market and Washington streets, and on Howard Street, and paved with the bricks you now see.